If you qualify to register with the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program as a patient with veteran or indigent status, you will receive a 50% reduction in your registration fee. To qualify, when you receive approval to register with the program from a certified Ohio medical marijuana doctor, the doctor must also indicate when providing your registration and setting up your profile that you qualify to register with special status. You must provide the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy with documentation providing your special status.
To receive indigent status with the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program, you must present a letter or document from the U.S. Social Security Administration confirming the following information:
- Your identity
- How much in monthly Social Security Supplemental Security Income or Social Security Disability Income you will get over the calendar year for which you are registering with the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program.
A copy of this letter or document is also acceptable.
To receive veteran status with the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program, you must produce an original or copy of one of the following documents:
- Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Identification Card
- Department of Defense Identification Card indicating your status as active, retired or temporary disability retirement.
- DD215, DD214 or National Guard Bureau certificate of military discharge that indicates your disposition of discharge.
- Report of separation from the St. Louis, Missouri National Archives National Personnel Records Center.
Whatever documentation you present to prove your veteran status must show that your veteran status is general, honorable, general under honorable conditions or released or discharged under conditions other than dishonorable.
All documents you present to prove any special status must include your date of birth. Email the documents to prove your special status to MMCPRegistry@pharmacy.ohio.gov or mail it to the following address:
State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy
MMCP Patient Registry
77 S. High Street, 17th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
When applying as a patient with special status, you cannot pay your registration fee until after the Board of Pharmacy has approved your special status. Under these circumstances, you will note in the online Patient and Caregiver Registry that, while your request for special status is pending, the “Activate Card” button to initiate the payment process will remain unavailable. The Ohio Board of Pharmacy will not refund any registration fees you may pay prior to receiving approval for special status.
For any questions about registering for the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program with veteran or indigent status, you can call the toll-free Ohio Medical Marijuana Help Line at 1-833-464-6627 (1-833-4OH-MMCP) or email your inquiry to the Ohio Board of Pharmacy at MMCPRegistry@pharmacy.ohio.gov.